We had a great time in our last two classes:
- The backordered robot kits arrived so the teams from lesson 2 each built a second robot. Now everybody has their own robot to work on.
- We built a blinking LED circuit using a 555 timer IC and some other components and then we experimented with changing the component values to change the speed of the blink.
- We installed had a demonstration in soldering to connect the battery and power switch wires. The students always enjoy molten solder, smoke and the 800 degree soldering iron!
- We installed the controller and battery on the robots.
- Lily Blakely did a demo of her SNAP Rover robot kit.
And here are the pictures …