This was our second week building our robot and we made huge progress. Each student completed the following tasks:
- Unpacked main board and installed brass standoffs for later use in mounting the controller.
- Mounted the battery on the bottom of the main board using Velcro and a wire tie.
- Connected the battery and charging connector to the main board.
- Tested main board power.
- Mounted the main board to the chassis.
- Mounted the controller to the main board.
- Connected controller power to the main board and tested controller power.
- Routed motor wires from chassis to controller.
This was a tremendous amount of work and they did a great job. Check out the photos below.
Special thanks goes to this week’s parent volunteers:
- Chris Magryta
- Miriam Jacobson
- Mr Simon (Dr Simon’s father)
We couldn’t have done it without their help.
Looking forward to next week when we’ll:
- Finish connecting motors to the main board.
- Upload motor test program to controller and verify motor wiring.
- Install wheels
- Install upper desk
- Install IR sensors
Thanks again for everyone’s help and participation.